Reg Harnish is a serial entrepreneur, nationally-recognized speaker, author and an Executive Vice President at the Center for Internet Security. Reg is also a founder of GreyCastle Security, the cybersecurity industry’s leading provider of risk, compliance, certification and privacy services.
Reg is regularly featured in Time Magazine, Forbes, The Washington Post, CBS Nightly News, CIO Magazine, Dark Reading, Software Magazine, ComputerWorld, InfoWorld and countless other media outlets.
Reg is a nationally-recognized speaker and has presented at countless industry and security conferences. His thoughtful and sometimes provocative perspectives on leadership and cybersecurity have made him a highly sought-after keynote speaker.
- is a fellow of the National Cybersecurity Institute, a research center in Washington, D.C.;
- was recently recognized as the Cybersecurity Consultant of the Year in North America by the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards for both 2018 and 2017;
- has co-authored several books on cybersecurity awareness and is a regular content contributor to the Forbes Technology Council;
- serves as a cybersecurity advisor to numerous educational institutions;
- was recognized by MARCOM as an innovator in cybersecurity communications;
- is Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and an ITIL Foundations certified.
In addition to his achievements in cybersecurity, Reg helped lead three other successful technology startups from concept through successful exits. He has held executive management roles for the past fifteen years.